Vacancy -- Appointment of Members - Food and Drink Wales Industry Board
Function of body
Role and responsibilities
As a member, you will be expected to:
- attend board meetings when requested
- remain up to date with developments and current needs of the food sector
- have a very good knowledge of food industry, its sub-sectors and food chain interdependencies and opportunities within the UK, European Union and the rest of the world
- have a clear understanding and commitment to Nolan 7 principles of public life.
Welsh language skills
To be considered, you must be able to demonstrate that you have the qualities, skills and experience to meet all the essential criteria for appointment.
- excellent knowledge of food industry in Wales, UK, EU or global
- financial, commercial or governance experience at a senior level
- significant experience of some sub sectors such as dairy, meat, bakery, organic, horticulture, fisheries or aquaculture sector
- food manufacturing and/or markets development
- good understanding of the food chain and its interdependencies
- considerable knowledge of business management or research or marketing or innovation or skills development
- committed to the principles of equality, diversity and accountability
Desirable qualities for board members include:
- self and organisational awareness
- makes informed judgement
- listens actively with an open mind
- participates in debate, providing relevant comments
- speaks own mind candidly but respectfully
- demonstrates initiative and insightfulness
- thinks both logically and creatively
- makes decisions independently
- advises from own experience base
- forms collaborative relationships with other board members and, where appropriate, provides guidance and advice to the executive team
- behaves collegiately in supporting the decisions of the board as a whole
For further information regarding the selection process, please contact:
Public Bodies Unit
For further information regarding the role of the Food and Drink Wales Industry Board and the role of member(s) please contact David Morris:
Tel: 0300 025 7944
If you need any further assistance in applying for this role, please contact email@example.com.
For further information about Public Appointments in Wales, please visit www.gov.wales/publicappointments
How to apply
To apply for this role, click on the ‘Apply’ button below. The first time you apply for a post, you will need to complete a registration form for the Welsh Government’s online application system. You will only need to register once, and you will be able to keep yourself updated on the progress of your application, and any other applications you make, via your registered account.
Once you’ve registered, you’ll be able to access the application form. To apply you will need to submit two supporting documents. The first, a document outlining how your knowledge, skills and experiences meet the criteria for the role as outlined in the information for candidates. This document should be no more than 2 sides of A4. Your application may be rejected if you exceed this limit. The second document is a full, up to date CV. The two documents should be uploaded to the ‘Reasons for applying’ section of the online application form.
In your application, you will also be asked to provide details of any activities which have helped you to develop skills that would be useful in a public appointment role, and list the organisations for which you undertook these activities. We also need to know about any political activity that you’ve undertaken over the last 5 years.
It is recommended that you register for an account and access the application form as soon as possible so that you see how the application form is structured, before starting to prepare your evidence. You don’t have to complete the application form all in one go. You can save your responses, and log in and out as required, until you’re ready to submit – just follow the guidance in the application form.
If you’d like to apply for this opportunity in Welsh, please use the ‘Newid Iaith / Change Language’ link at the top of this page, to take you to the Welsh version of this advert, from which you can apply in Welsh.
If you need any further assistance in applying for this role, please contact the Welsh Government’s Public Appointments Team on PublicAppointments@gov.wales.