Vacancy -- Team Support Officer – Corporate Shared Service Centre x4
Purpose of Post:
• Manage own workload via cases in the customer relationship management system (CRM) which are assigned by the Team Manager, carrying out requested activities according to the agreed processes and guidance.
• General administrative duties including filing, telephone work, document and post handling and recording and arranging meetings.
• Maintaining records including those on electronic systems and assembling documentation for meeting folders etc.
• Ensure data and sensitive personal/commercial information is processed effectively and handled in line with legislation and guidance.
• Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers. Respond to any queries correctly, informatively and in a timely manner (in accordance with the Team's Service Level Agreement).
• Ensure customers are kept up to date with the progress of their request/query
• Liaise with other teams/individuals as appropriate if this is required in order to ensure the case can be resolved satisfactorily
• Update the relevant systems in a timely manner, ensuring accuracy at all times, and in accordance with guidance provided
• Escalate any non-standard queries/requests to the Team Manager as appropriate, and as soon as possible
• Highlight any issues to the Team Manager as appropriate
• Support the upkeep of the systems used by the team, contributing to testing/updates under direction of the Team Manager, and correcting inconsistencies picked up in exception reports, under direction of the Team Manager.
As the role involves a great deal of liaising with various individuals, responding to queries and ensuring processes are in line with policies and guidance, there is opportunity to develop excellent customer care skills. The role also provides the opportunity to develop the ability to use various HR and/or Finance systems, and the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM). The role also provides a good introduction to the HR or Finance professions, should the individual have an interest in pursuing these.
Individuals are encouraged to work flexibly across the Corporate Shared Service Centre and identify ways in which to improve services, processes or systems in order to provide an efficiently delivered and customer focussed service.
Welsh Language Requirements
The Welsh Government acknowledges the importance of developing and growing its bilingual workforce, and welcomes applications for any post from candidates who demonstrate their capability to work in both English and Welsh.
The following list of language requirements represents an objective assessment by the line manager on behalf of the Welsh Government of the Welsh language skills required to undertake the duties of this particular post.
Competency behaviours required for the role
Delivering at Pace
Work in an organised manner using own knowledge and expertise to deliver on time and to standard
Making effective decisions
Investigate and respond to gaps, errors and irregularities in information
Managing a Quality Service
Actively seek information from customers to understand their needs and expectations and manage information appropriately.
Managing a Quality Service
Take ownership of issues, focus on providing the right solution and keep customers and delivery partners up to date with progress
Job specific criteria
Due to the requirements of the post, the successful candidate will be required to stay in post for 2 years.
How to apply
All applications for this vacancy should be made online via the Welsh Government's online application system. If you have a disability which would prevent you from applying on-line, please e-mail SharedServiceHelpdesk@gov.wales to request an application pack in an alternative format, or to request a reasonable adjustment related to a disability in order to submit your application.
To apply, you'll need to have an account on our online application system. Click the 'Apply' button below, and you'll be asked to 'Log in' if you already have an account, or 'Register' if you don't yet have an account. Registration takes just a few minutes to complete. You'll need an e-mail address to be able to register. Once you've registered for an account and logged in, you'll be taken to the online application form, which you'll need to fully complete and submit before the deadline on the closing date.
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy in Welsh, please use the ‘Newid Iaith / Change Language’ link at the top of this page, to take you to the Welsh version of this advert, from which you can apply in Welsh.
For further information regarding the Welsh Government recruitment process, please see the Recruitment Guidance for External Candidates (link).
When evidencing your suitability for the post, it is recommended that you refer to the Civil Service Competency Framework (link)