Vacancy -- Welsh Government Inward Loan Opportunities – TS to Grade 7
We are keen to utilise the expertise of staff across the Civil Service to make a practical, positive impact during these unprecedented times.
We are looking for a diverse range of civil servants to work in a variety of exciting roles at all grades from TS to Grade 7 across Welsh Government.
This is a great opportunity to make an impact by bringing your valuable knowledge, skills and experience to a different government department. You will also be able to develop your capability and skill sets by being involved in a wide range of critical work, including priorities such as EU Transition and the Covid-19 response.
Postings and Terms and Conditions
- The inward loan opportunities are only open to current civil servants.
- Roles are available for either short-term opportunities (6-12 months) or longer term opportunities (up to a maximum of 2 years).
- All roles are available at substantive grade and lateral transfer only.
- Temporary promotion or permanent promotion opportunities are not available through this campaign, however, many of the roles will offer the opportunity to gain valuable experience, broaden networks and learn new skills.
- We will match you to a role based on your skills and experience.
- If you are successfully matched to a role, you will move under formal Inward Loan arrangements, i.e. you will move onto the Welsh Government’s Payroll and Terms and Conditions.
- We cannot guarantee you will be offered a particular post.
- Please ensure you have line management approval/authorisation that you can be released.
- You must be available for immediate release, as once you are matched to a role you will be expected to take up post quickly.
- We particularly welcome applications from Black and Minority Ethnic and disabled people and are committed to supporting all staff to thrive in an inclusive working environment.
- We are supportive of home working and tailoring patterns to individual circumstances. In the short term, the majority of post holders will be based at home/working remotely.
If you would like us to keep in touch with you regarding the Inward Loan Opportunities, register your details and complete our 'Talent Bank' application form. We will then keep you updated with when will be advertising, and how.
You are welcome to register your interest in English or in Welsh, and we will communicate with you in that language. Welsh may be desirable in some roles but you do not need to be able to speak Welsh in order to work for the Welsh Government.
Our Talent Bank form asks you to provide some information about your background. These questions are for monitoring purposes only, to make sure we are reaching as wide an audience as possible, and not excluding any groups. This information will not be shared with panel members involved in the recruitment process, and if you feel uncomfortable answering any question, you are welcome to select the 'Prefer not to say' option.
How to register
To register for the Inward Loan Opportunities Talent Bank, you will need to create an account on the Welsh Government's online application system, by clicking the 'Apply' button below, and then click 'Register' (if you've already registered for an account, simply click 'Apply' and then log in to your account).
This is to register interest only and you will still need to complete an application form once the advert goes live.
If you would like to register in Welsh and receive any future communications in Welsh, click the 'Newid Iaith' button at the top of the page, select 'Welsh' and click on the 'Gwneud cais' button at the bottom of the page to open the Welsh application form.
The registration process only takes a couple of minutes. Once you have registered for an account or logged in, you will be able to access the Inward Loan Opportunities Talent Bank form. Complete the form fully, and click 'Submit' on the last page.
If you would also like to receive an automated e-mail notification when one of our vacancies is advertised, then follow the 'Create Job Alert' link at the bottom of our vacancies board (you will need to be logged in to your account to do this): Welsh Government Vacancies Board