Vacancy -- Appointment of an Independent Member – Finance
Function of body
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board was established in October 2009 and achieved ‘University’ status in December 2013. We serve an estimated population of over 639,000, approximately 21% of the total Welsh population.
With a budget of £1.5billion we deliver healthcare services to people in Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport and Torfaen and to others outside our geographical boundary.
- Skills and knowledge of financial systems and Financial Management in large organisations.
- A sound understanding of the role of audit, governance and assurance.
- Ability to appraise and critically review business cases and financial proposals and plans.
- Experience of performance improvement to deliver value for money.
- Ability to apply specialist finance knowledge and skills in a strategic board environment.
- An awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion
Welsh language skills
- An understanding of health issues and priorities in the Aneurin Bevan University Health Board area and the ability to understand the role and work of the Board;
- Ability to hold executive colleagues and the wider organisation to account for performance, whilst maintaining a constructive relationship;
- Ability to provide a knowledgeable, impartial and balanced perspective on a range of sensitive and complex issues;
- A broad understanding of the information governance requirements required to comply with legislation e.g. Data Protection Act (DPA);
For further information regarding the selection process, please contact:
Public Appointments Team - Public Bodies Unit
For further information regarding the role of the Aneurin Bevan University Health Board and the role of Independent Member Finance please contact:
Ann Lloyd, Chair of Aneurin Bevan University Health Board on 01633 435957 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard Howells, Interim Board Secretary, Aneurin Bevan University Health Board on 01633435959 or via e-mail at email@example.com
If you need any further assistance in applying for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about Public Appointments in Wales, please visit www.gov.wales/publicappointments
How to apply
To apply for this role, click on the ‘Apply’ button below. The first time you apply for a post, you will need to complete a registration form for the Welsh Government’s online application system. You will only need to register once, and you will be able to keep yourself updated on the progress of your application, and any other applications you make, via your registered account.
Once you’ve registered, you’ll be able to access the application form. To apply you will need to submit two supporting documents. The first, a document outlining how your knowledge, skills and experiences meet the criteria for the role as outlined in the information for candidates. This document should be no more than 2 sides of A4. Your application may be rejected if you exceed this limit. The second document is a full, up to date CV. The two documents should be uploaded to the ‘Reasons for applying’ section of the online application form.
In your application, you will also be asked to provide details of any activities which have helped you to develop skills that would be useful in a public appointment role, and list the organisations for which you undertook these activities. We also need to know about any political activity that you’ve undertaken over the last 5 years.
It is recommended that you register for an account and access the application form as soon as possible so that you see how the application form is structured, before starting to prepare your evidence. You don’t have to complete the application form all in one go. You can save your responses, and log in and out as required, until you’re ready to submit – just follow the guidance in the application form.
If you’d like to apply for this opportunity in Welsh, please use the ‘Newid Iaith / Change Language’ link at the top of this page, to take you to the Welsh version of this advert, from which you can apply in Welsh.
If you need any further assistance in applying for this role, please contact the Welsh Government’s Public Appointments Team on PublicAppointments@gov.wales.
This vacancy is closed to applications.