Vacancy -- Hwb Content & Engagement Advisor
Purpose of Post:
The Hwb Content and Engagement Adviser post plays a critical role in developing the Hwb platform and content in line with stakeholder requirements.
The post holder will be a current school practitioner, bringing an invaluable insight into contemporary school usage of the Hwb platform. The post holder will provide professional support to promote the development and sharing of user generated content (created by teachers and learners in Wales) and will be expected to engage with schools, local authorities and regional consortia to explain the benefits of the Hwb platform.
The post holder will promote the use of digital technology to deliver significant step changes in teaching and learning outcomes and in supporting and embedding the Digital Competence Framework and Curriculum for Wales 2022.
This post supports the ongoing delivery and development of the Hwb programme which directly supports the opportunities for schools to transform digital classroom practices across Wales.
Key functions of this post include:
- Coordinate a wide range of Hwb engagement activities with stakeholders including schools, local authorities and regional education consortia
- Liaise with stakeholders and delivery partners to ensure Hwb is developing to meet the needs of all learners and teachers
- Provide feedback to the Hwb team on user engagement and experience
- Work with learners, teachers, governors and other stakeholders to promote the use of digital technology through the Hwb tools
- Mentor and provide training to other practitioners to help them develop their own confidence and competence with digital technology
- Use a range of online technologies (including social media and video) in order to promote key messages and engage in constructive dialogue
- Identify and share best practice via Hwb
- Develop resources to support the delivery of an effective digital curriculum; focusing on the use of existing Hwb tools
- Quality assure digital content submitted via Hwb on its appropriateness for use in a classroom setting
- Provide expert advice on user generated content for deployment via Hwb in learning activities involving pupils
- Take on a role in a high profile field.
- Experience contact with key stakeholders.
- Develop knowledge and experience.
Welsh Language Requirements
The Welsh Government acknowledges the importance of developing and growing its bilingual workforce, and welcomes applications for any post from candidates who demonstrate their capability to work in both English and Welsh.
The following list of language requirements represents an objective assessment by the line manager on behalf of the Welsh Government of the Welsh language skills required to undertake the duties of this particular post.
Competencies / Job Specific Criteria
As part of your application, please prepare a personal statement that outlines how you meet the following ESSENTIAL requirements for the role. Your personal statement should be no more than 2 sides of A4.
- Stakeholder relationship management - Able to communicate with stakeholders clearly and regularly, clarifying mutual needs and commitments through consultation and consideration of impacts whilst focusing on user needs.
- User-centred content design - Able to design content to meet user needs and make complex language and processes easy to understand.
Making Effective Decisions - Invite challenge and where appropriate involve others in decision making to help build engagement and present robust recommendations.
- Changing and improving - Actively encourage ideas from a wide range of sources and stakeholders and use these to inform own thinking.
Job Specific Criteria
The following skills are also ESSENTIAL for success in this role. Please ensure you attach a CV which demonstrates your ability in relation to these skills.
- Experience of providing training to other practitioners on the use of Hwb tools.
- Experience of working with stakeholders to obtain and disseminate relevant information.
- Be able to collate, understand and use user data to offer ways of meeting users' needs.
The following are also requirements to be considered for the role:
- Able to bring experience of current school practice and considerable practical experience of the use of HWB.
- Able to demonstrate the use of digital technology to achieve significant step changes in teaching and learning outcomes.
To apply for this role, you will be asked to attach the following:
- A Personal Statement of suitability explaining how your experience and skills provide evidence against the essential requirements of the role. Your Personal Statement should be no more than two sides of A4.
- An up to date CV including evidence of the essential job specific criteria.
If you are successful at the sifting stage, you will be invited to interview. The interview will focus on your skills and experience in relation to the essential requirements of the role. We may also include a test or assessment if appropriate.
Following the interview, if unsuccessful, we may keep your details for up to 12 months on a reserve list should other similar posts become available.
PLEASE NOTE: It is important that you do attach both of these documents (the Personal Statement and CV) in your online application for this role.
How to apply
All applications for this vacancy should be made online via the Welsh Government's online application system. If you have a disability which would prevent you from applying on-line, please e-mail SharedServiceHelpdesk@gov.wales to request an application pack in an alternative format, or to request a reasonable adjustment related to a disability in order to submit your application.
To apply, you'll need to have an account on our online application system. Click the 'Apply' button below, and you'll be asked to 'Log in' if you already have an account, or 'Register' if you don't yet have an account. Registration takes just a few minutes to complete. You'll need an e-mail address to be able to register. Once you've registered for an account and logged in, you'll be taken to the online application form, which you'll need to fully complete and submit before the deadline on the closing date.
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy in Welsh, please use the ‘Newid Iaith / Change Language’ link at the top of this page, to take you to the Welsh version of this advert, from which you can apply in Welsh.
For further information regarding the Welsh Government recruitment process, please see the Recruitment Guidance for External Candidates (link).
When evidencing your suitability for the post, it is recommended that you refer to the Civil Service Competency Framework (link)
This vacancy is closed to applications.