Vacancy -- Cafcass Cymru - Business Support (Gwent)
Purpose of Post:
Cafcass Cymru is a Division of the Health and Social Services Group within the Welsh Government. Cafcass Cymru is responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children involved in family court proceedings.
Cafcass Cymru has 11 offices across Wales covered by five geographical operational areas. The five geographical areas are:
- North Wales
- South Wales
- Mid & West Wales
- South West Wales
This advert covers vacancies in the Gwent area (Newport).
The Business Support roles in Cafcass Cymru are pivotal in providing critical support to the operational teams within the organisation and ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the operational teams.
These roles are unique across Welsh Government, supporting Practice Managers, Family Court Advisors/ Family Court Social Workers and Business Support Managers in providing an effective service to Family Courts across Wales.
This area of work deals with extremely detailed, sensitive and confidential information, as the post holders work with case related information when supporting services to vulnerable children and families during very difficult times in their lives.
- To provide a comprehensive operational support service, including screening court applications and orders, formatting confidential documentation, drafting communications and minutes to a high standard, arranging meetings, monitoring incoming communications, filing and other administrative duties whilst working to tight timescales.
- Communicating professionally and effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including courts, Police & Social Services Departments, solicitors, social work practitioners and service users.
- Deal with sensitive telephone discussions and reception queries with service users as required.
- Take responsibility for own data entry tasks, contributing to ensuring the validity of the data in the Cafcass Cymru case management system (IRIS), reporting errors providing support and guidance to colleagues.
- To contribute to the maintenance of internal records, including case related information, ensuring iShare records are complete and enabling effective compliance with Data Protection and Freedom of Information requirements.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all confidential information is dealt with efficiently and appropriately and in line with the relevant guidance and policy documents.
- To contribute to the smooth day to day running of the office through the handling, recording and distribution of mail, maintaining and issuing supplies of stationery and office materials.
- The post holder may be required to undertake other duties within their team to comply with corporate obligations, e.g. First Aider, Fire Warden, DSE assessments.
Welsh Language Requirements
The Welsh Government acknowledges the importance of developing and growing its bilingual workforce, and welcomes applications for any post from candidates who demonstrate their capability to work in both English and Welsh.
The following list of language requirements represents an objective assessment by the line manager on behalf of the Welsh Government of the Welsh language skills required to undertake the duties of this particular post.
Competency behaviours required for the role
Setting Direction - Making effective decisions
Make and record effective decisions following the appropriate decision making criteria, framework or guidance.
Engaging People - Collaborating and Partnering
Act in a fair and respectful way in dealing with others.
Delivering Results - Managing a Quality Service
Actively seek information from customers to understand their needs and expectations and manage information appropriately
Delivering Results - Delivering at Pace
Work in an organised manner using own knowledge and expertise to deliver on time and to standard
Job specific criteria
Successful candidates will be required to remain in post for a minimum of 2 years before being eligible to move posts (provided they meet all other eligibility criteria applicable at that time).
Business Support staff within Cafcass Cymru provide a frontline service which operates from 9am to 5pm although flexibility of working hours is applicable according to business need.
How to apply
All applications for this vacancy should be made online via the Welsh Government's online application system. If you have a disability which would prevent you from applying on-line, please e-mail SharedServiceHelpdesk@gov.wales to request an application pack in an alternative format, or to request a reasonable adjustment related to a disability in order to submit your application.
To apply, you'll need to have an account on our online application system. Click the 'Apply' button below, and you'll be asked to 'Log in' if you already have an account, or 'Register' if you don't yet have an account. Registration takes just a few minutes to complete. You'll need an e-mail address to be able to register. Once you've registered for an account and logged in, you'll be taken to the online application form, which you'll need to fully complete and submit before the deadline on the closing date.
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy in Welsh, please use the ‘Newid Iaith / Change Language’ link at the top of this page, to take you to the Welsh version of this advert, from which you can apply in Welsh.
For further information regarding the Welsh Government recruitment process, please see the Recruitment Guidance for External Candidates (link).
When evidencing your suitability for the post, it is recommended that you refer to the Civil Service Competency Framework (link)
This vacancy is closed to applications.