Vacancy -- Corporate Services People Assistant
Purpose of Post:
- To answer the telephone, screen and direct calls and deal with enquiries from the public and stakeholders, including making referrals to other members of HIW where appropriate.
- Support inspection managers by sending out inspection letters, booking reviewers, assisting with pre visit arrangements, liaising with reviewers and booking accommodation, rail tickets, flights, car hire etc as required.
- Secure Peer and Lay Reviewers to take part in inspections and reviews.
- Follow-up inspection process by forwarding draft reports for comment on factual accuracy and liaising with Communications Team to arrange translation of report. Scanning completed inspection workbooks into iShare.
- To undertake secretariat duties for team meetings and appropriate stakeholder groups. Duties will include arranging meetings, agenda setting, circulating relevant papers, taking notes and ensuring all action is followed up.
- Keep all the inspection team files and records up to date, including managing iShare.
- Support peer and lay reviewer recruitment campaigns by recording and acknowledging applications and booking sift panels and induction/training sessions.
- Keep peer and lay reviewer records up to date, including databases and managing relevant records on iShare.
- Support Learning and Development for staff by monitoring induction process, overseeing mandatory training requirements. Support the arranging of training sessions and help draft monthly reports on Learning and Development for Senior Leadership Group.
To keep the team’s files and databases up to date
To assist in tasks such as:
- booking venues and overnight accommodation
- printing and collating papers
- corresponding with internal & external stakeholders both verbally and electronically
- taking notes, writing minutes and monitoring progress of actions
To undertake general administrative duties such as photocopying, filing, scanning and answering the telephone.
To undertake ad hoc tasks as and when required.
To uphold HIW's mission, purpose, role and values.
Welsh Language Requirements
The Welsh Government acknowledges the importance of developing and growing its bilingual workforce, and welcomes applications for any post from candidates who demonstrate their capability to work in both English and Welsh.
The following list of language requirements represents an objective assessment by the line manager on behalf of the Welsh Government of the Welsh language skills required to undertake the duties of this particular post.
Competency behaviours required for the role
Job specific criteria
How to apply
All applications for this vacancy should be made online via the Welsh Government's online application system. If you have a disability which would prevent you from applying on-line, please e-mail SharedServiceHelpdesk@gov.wales to request an application pack in an alternative format, or to request a reasonable adjustment related to a disability in order to submit your application.
To apply, you'll need to have an account on our online application system. Click the 'Apply' button below, and you'll be asked to 'Log in' if you already have an account, or 'Register' if you don't yet have an account. Registration takes just a few minutes to complete. You'll need an e-mail address to be able to register. Once you've registered for an account and logged in, you'll be taken to the online application form, which you'll need to fully complete and submit before the deadline on the closing date.
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy in Welsh, please use the ‘Newid Iaith / Change Language’ link at the top of this page, to take you to the Welsh version of this advert, from which you can apply in Welsh.
For further information regarding the Welsh Government recruitment process, please see the Recruitment Guidance for External Candidates (link).
When evidencing your suitability for the post, it is recommended that you refer to the Civil Service Competency Framework (link)
This vacancy is closed to applications.